Well before sunrise, I was out and settled waiting for a new day to dawn in this little piece of paradise called Waterton Lakes National Park! It was a most gorgeous morning to start, with the day forecasted to be another hot one. It was me, another lady, and one guy up on Bears Hump watching and waiting. There may have been others elsewhere but it was only those two I could see.


I like how the colours show through the trees.
Good Morning Waterton!
Next on my agenda was to go somewhere along the Red Rock Parkway to have breakfast. I got distracted while driving the Parkway, the flowers were amazing as was the scenery. It was shortly after 6:30am and there were no other vehicles in sight.
I had to stop to let a Grouse cross the road!
Wildlife had free reign this hour of the morning.
It darted off into the tall grass that was right beside it. It probably saw Mom and its two siblings come from the other side of the road and it was patiently waiting for them. I snapped the above and below photo through my windshield. Most of the windshield shots were a blur.

They were all safely across and now in the bushes looking for breakfast. At this point, I pulled off to the side, rolled the passenger window down and capture many photos of this beautiful family. They ended up working their way in my direction so I just backed up a bit. Mom going about her business!
The three Baby Black Bears went about their business!
These are just a few of the dozens of photos I took.

trying to climb a tree
The only other person to come along was a guy on a motorcycle who parked behind me and enjoyed this amazing view too. Both of us stayed for about twenty minutes. He went on his way and I went on mine to find my breakfast spot. I ended up turning back and drove out of the park to the Maskinonge Overlook to have my breakfast. I wanted one last look from the location where I took my acrylic painting lesson yesterday.











Wow, gorgeous sunrise! I love the bears, the cubs are so cute. Great collection of photos.
ReplyDeleteTake care, Happy Friday! Have a great weekend.
The bear population is very healthy in Waterton, there have been many new borns over the past few years. The cubs are so cute!
DeleteThe early bird gets the best views. The sunrise shots are the best.
ReplyDeleteI always have good luck with seeing beautiful sunrises in Waterton!
DeleteHello, Alexandra,
ReplyDeleteI mentioned above I love the bears, I am glad they are doing well. The Grouse is a great sighting too. The sky and scenery are gorgeous. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.
I have never seen as many Grouse as I did during this visit to Waterton! They are now plentiful just like the bears.
DeleteI am so much like you, enjoying nature at those times of the day when other's miss it. And you got some neat sightings from inside your vehicle too. Oh how I long to get back out there...when the weather is better! Hugs, Diane
ReplyDeleteI hope your weather settles down and you can comfortable be out and about! Being in nature is so soothing but conditions have to be right to enjoy it.
DeleteGreat to see all these bears in the own environment. That's a marvelous landscape, Alexandra.
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely weekend ☀
The scenery is marvelous around every corner in the National Park!
DeleteHi Alexandra – Sure enjoyed all your posts from Waterton Lakes National Park. In this post, those sunrise pics are my favorites. Blogs with great sunrise pics are rare. Thank you for sharing! Have a great weekend. John
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed taking photos of the sunrise yet seeing the bears and taking photographs of them that morning was top notch!
DeleteBeautiful views and great photographs of the bear too.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
The views always amaze me even after seeing them dozens of times!
DeleteWhat a fantastic place, and what a thrill to see the bears so close.
ReplyDeleteI am fortunate to be able to get to this National Park so cherish every second I am there! Seeing the bears is extra special!
DeleteThose little bears are awfully cute! I love how it was sitting by the road, just waiting and glad you waited too. The pix are terrific. I can see why you got up early to see that sunrise. It was definitely worth it!
ReplyDeleteI knew I wanted to see the sunrise so had my stuff laid out the night before. Just get up, get dressed, grab gear and go.
DeleteAmazing sunrise photos! And while I am always nervous about you & bears, the sight of 3 cubs is not only rare but in this case, way too cute. ❤️Norma
ReplyDeleteAll six bears I saw during this visit were all from the safety of my vehicle and from the painting guide's vehicle. We saw a bear just off the road on the drive back from my lesson.
DeleteAlexandra, I have just had a wonderful read of your posts since the beginning of July. What amazing adventures and achievements you have had. Waterton never disappoints. I wish it were on my doorstep. The wildflowers and you photography are stunning and then add in a bear or two.
ReplyDeleteThere were six bears in total that I saw during this visit! I am thankful to still be able to easily get to Waterton and access everything I want to.
DeleteSpecial thanks for your comment on my More Eagles post. As of last night, FOBBV has determined, most likely, the Eagle found on the ground is Jackie. She is at a rescue facility and being care for. It “appears” that a subadult Eagle, not a part of the family, may be responsible for issues around the nest the last few days. I did see Shadow chase a subadult away from the nest last night.
ReplyDeleteThank You for sharing this information! I feel good about Jackie being cared for at the rescue facility. My heart aches for Shadow, I wish I could tell him everything is going to be OK.
Delete