Friday, October 2, 2026

Carburn's Colours October 2, 2026

Of course, I have another "autumn colours" story to share! These colours are fleeting so I am getting my fill fast and furiously!  Conditions were forecasted to be ideal to capture Carburn's colours. I answered the call! It was a cool start, no wind to contend with, clouds were how I like them, it was time to capture a multiple of beautiful seconds in time. Before delving deep into the woods, I found a perfect place where I could use my phone to take this panorama picture overlooking the pond facing west.    


Still before following the forest paths, I roamed along the route by the river.

The colours were calling, as were the clouds, so into the forest I went.  

The moon was still high in the sky!



I like how parts of the trees light up when the sun hits the colours!
I stood underneath to get a view looking up!
OH! What's that I see!

This is a close up of what I saw!  There's that Great Horned Owl again!  Oh and what to my wondering eyes should I see, another Great Horned Owl a few feet to the right.  Oh how special is this!  I had heard there was another Owl yet it was skittish and stayed hidden out of sight for the majority of the time.  

This is the Owl on the left facing me with one eye open!

This is the Owl on the right facing the other direction.
I was able to find an open spot through the leaves, zoom in and see that it saw me!
I wondered lots!
Is this the skittish one?
Is this a male or female?
Are they a couple?

After loads of admiring time of the Great Horned Owls, 
I moved on down the trail that follows the river.  

Black Squirrel feeding on seeds left by a local walker. 

A Double Crested Cormorant airing out its wings!

A Muskrat mixed in with the weeds! 

After catching all the colours, admiring the Great Horned Owls, following the trail along the Bow River, it was time to head back.  On the way back. I took the route where I could have a view of the reflection while facing in the opposite direction from when I first hit the trail awhile back.  I found a perfect place where I could use my phone to take this panorama picture overlooking the pond facing east.

No doubt, this is not the last of the autumn colours!  
I still have it in me to chase more!


15 comments:

  1. I love that owl. And gorgeous autumn colours. B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That owl is a gem and that wing shot of the cormorant -- perfect timing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, the cormorant perched in that position for many minutes so it was very easy to get a photograph.

      Delete
  3. Hello Alexandra,
    I love the views of the Autumn colors and trees, the pond and sky reflections. Great sighting of the Great Horned Owl. Cute captures of the Black Squirrel, the Muskrat and the Cormorant. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were many great sightings on this morning! I hope your week goes well!

      Delete
  4. Dear Alexandra, your photos are absolutely stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are we fortunate to live in such a beautiful country!

      Delete
  5. Another great post and that owl staring down at you is a WOW! Happy week ahead to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the Owl might be sleeping like the other one was so was happy to see it was not!

      Delete
  6. Chasing Autumn colors sounds good to me! The reflections in the water are just the most gorgeous view. Don't you wish like me that you could print out lots of your photos to hang on the wall? I love the owl too since it is such a rare sighting here. I know they are out here but it's hard to find them on the branches of a tree! Beautiful post today and thank you so much for your sweet comments today and in months past! They mean the world to me! Hugs! Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much of what hangs on my walls are crafts of various types which I created from my sightings and photos. I was told the Owls are here in other parks, we just don't see them.

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous autumn colours, Alexandra! We were just in your corner of the world and enjoyed seeing golden trees. No owls, though - they are such wonderful creatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is so much gold around here right now, so glad you got to experience it!

      Delete
  8. Both those owls were keeping a close eye on you!!! And the two panoramic photos with the reflections in the water are beautiful…would make a great painting. ❤️Norma

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.