Sunday, September 13, 2026

navigating through a little hiccup in life



When a hiccup recently happened in life, I still could not just let life pass on by! September's shades are starting to show and I am, sure as the sun rises, going to see some.  In addition to actually being out there amongst the shades, I have visions of them, then placing those visions on watercolour paper to create a greeting, to You! 

The sunrises too have been sights to see. 
Through the trees, I saw the day was dawning beautifully!


Through the fog, another day dawned in a spectacular way! 


Do you see what I see?  
Yes, the shades are sweet but do you see something even sweeter?

On this day instead of the fog clearing soon as it was forecasted to do, it grew thicker.  While I was navigating my way through the fog, I watched a herd of deer navigate their way through the fog and the river. This was the last deer to cross. 

through it all,  I admired the reflections

Through it all, brightness appeared!
Orange-crowned Warbler

On the clear days, there was much in the way of bird migration activity to be seen!  A flock of White-throated Sparrows found a feast! This angle clearly shows why this Sparrow is called White-throated. They were sharing space with a flock of Yellow-rumped Warblers.

one of the many Yellow-rumped Warblers

Between the Sparrows and the Warblers, many Cedar Waxwings were feasting also!

The sweetest sight of all over the past few days was this Great Horned Owl. It was not that far up in the tree. We spoke softly while admiring it. The Owl needs its naps as it navigates migration. Sweet dreams!  I feel fortunate to have seen this Great Horned Owl and also a Long-eared Owl over the past few weeks. 

My favourite shades of summer's end are not only the Orange/Golden Larch Needles but moreso the Orange/Red Maple Leaves. Maple Trees do not thrive in Calgary's weather. They do better in eastern Canada and on the west coast.  The Maple Leaf is displayed on our Canadian Flag. I like what it represents!   

I find cheer and colour help get me through life's hiccups!  


5 comments:

  1. Hello Alexandra,
    I hope nothing serious happened and all is well. I enjoyed your outing, the sunrise and deer are beautiful sights.
    I love all the sweet birds and the cool owl is a favorite. Have a great day and a happy week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheer and colour are great antidotes for life's hiccups. I hope yours will soon disappear. Love the mist and how wonderful to see the deer moving through the landscape. And the Great Horned Owl is such a wonderful creature to interact with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS Alexandra,
    Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. I always enjoy your photos and art work.
    Beautiful captures of the birds and deer. Have a great day and happy week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems the Yellow-rumped Warbler was watching the phographer. Also like the owl. Great photo of such marvelous creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great, unique photos & your water colours are spectacular! (& yes, ❤️ I see what you see. I always look for them now). ❤️Norma

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.