Friday, September 4, 2026

When nature calls!

 I answer!


When nature called on this day to go for a walk in the woods, I answered loud and clear! It was to be nice for a couple of hours in the morning so it was best to get going early.  The trees are beginning to turn colour and leaves are slowing starting to fall.  I like the light pink shade in the sky which is all natural, no help from wildfire smoke.  

When nature called to go for a stroll by the pond, I answered loud and clear!  I even went as far as to paint a picture from one of my photographs, once I got home.  I like simplicity so made alterations to bring more clarity by using lighter shades and including fewer objects. The reference photo is at the bottom of this post.  

When nature called to look up, I answered loud and clear!  
I glanced upwards to see the Moon shining bright in its waning gibbous phase.    

When nature called I listened and heard "paint that Western Wood Pewee you saw the other day"!  
I answered loud and clear!  The reference photo is at the bottom of this post. 

When nature called to just go, just look, just listen, just enjoy...I answered loud and clear! The following five photos are a mere few showing the beauty of nature I saw while out and about over the past few days. I sometimes wonder if what I do is because I am addicted or because I am passionate.  I like to think maybe I am addicted to being passionate!  I hope that is a good thing!

the resident one-eared Deer at Inglewood

a female Mallard and her perfect reflection

Great Blue Heron 

Yellow-rumped Warbler
they are passing through on their way south

a Townsend's Warbler
This is a lifer for me!

I'm happy you were curious enough to learn how I answer nature's calls! 


the two reference photos




No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.