I answer!
When nature called on this day to go for a walk in the woods, I answered loud and clear! It was to be nice for a couple of hours in the morning so it was best to get going early. The trees are beginning to turn colour and leaves are slowing starting to fall. I like the light pink shade in the sky which is all natural, no help from wildfire smoke.
When nature called to look up, I answered loud and clear!
I glanced upwards to see the Moon shining bright in its waning gibbous phase.
When nature called I listened and heard "paint that Western Wood Pewee you saw the other day"!
I answered loud and clear! The reference photo is at the bottom of this post.
the resident one-eared Deer at Inglewood

a female Mallard and her perfect reflection

Great Blue Heron
Yellow-rumped Warbler
they are passing through on their way south
a Townsend's Warbler
This is a lifer for me!
I'm happy you were curious enough to learn how I answer nature's calls!
the two reference photos










I’m certainly glad nature called:). Beautiful photos and art work as always. I did try to comment on your last post but blogger was having a problem with commenting at the time. It was another lovely post to enjoy. I’m glad you had a good day with your sister. B x
ReplyDeleteIf I were at your little piece of paradise and nature called, I would most certainly answer very loud and very clear!
DeleteI love this and the painted with the reflection of the trees in the water is special. I'm going to get things done today and spend tomorrow in nature. I am excited. Even if it's too hot to hike, I'm going to find a place to hang out and enjoy my surroundings! Thanks always for your inspiration! Hugs, Diane
ReplyDeleteHello, Alexandra,
ReplyDeleteYour paintings are beautiful, well done. I love all the birds photos and congratulations on your Townsend's Warbler sighting. Lovely moon capture and beautiful reflections. Great photos and nature post.
Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.
What a treat to see your paintings along with your photos. It's nice when nature calls you out into the woods for a visit.
ReplyDeleteGreat piece of writing that gives a spiritual call to the environment.
ReplyDeleteWondrous nature and thankfully you, addicted to being passionate.
ReplyDeleteThose are two lovely pieces of art. The bird has such wonderful detail and I love your reflections and sky on the other. It's fun to see them with the photos, too. What a beautiful and productive walk!
ReplyDeleteI really like all your detailed paintings, Alexandra.
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely Wednesday.
I have been addicted to nature all my life and it is the best addiction I can imagine. My daughter has inherited it!,
ReplyDelete