Monday, October 5, 2026

two short stories

 a twist on colours 

It seems I have blinders on against every else but colours these days! 

Once again, I am sharing stories about shades! 

This time though there is a twist to them! 


Story #1

Many minis were created to depict a recent visit to the Inglewood Bird Sanctuary.  This time around I am not sharing my actual photos. I am sharing my watercolour paintings from some of those photographs. Painting these many minis did not take many moments. Each one measures three and a half inches by two and a half inches. While wandering The Sanctuary's trails, I found beauty around every corner. When I loaded the photos onto my iMac, the beauty popped. Then when I began to place paint on paper, I realized a whole new dimension of beauty, I could feel it!  


autumn reflections, a Deer & Robin feasting, a splashing Goose, the Moon, colourful trees & trails


Story #2

aurora   flows   beauty   grows

There is a wake up call I will never ignore! Answering this kind of call gives me the opportunity to see shades other than the autumn colours I have been chasing recently. A call came very very early Sunday morning!  I heard the alert, I got out of bed and quickly donned warm layers. When I stepped out onto my back deck, I saw the Aurora Borealis dancing in the sky.  So many stars sparkled along with the dancing.  The flow of colours looked like music, I could almost hear the flow. As the colours flowed side to side and up and down, the beauty grew. I watched the show for just short of an hour, all the while feeling like I was swaying to the beauty.  





7 comments:

  1. The light show looks amazing & your minis are little cuties! ❤️Norma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Standing on the deck for almost an hour in the early morning, I'd have done the same. Swaying along with the colours is a lovely way to describe it. And I'm impressed you got a deer and a robin onto paintings that small.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! It would be nice to see aurora borealis just once in a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are in a world of color and I don't know which I love more! Your vibrant and charming paintings or the pastels of the aurora. I have never seen one (despite driving what seemed like hours to get dark enough to find one a few years ago.) Everything here makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos, dear Alexandra! And I absolutely love these gorgeous paintings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your minis are adorable, Alexandra. Such a good way to remember the beauty of your outings. And how lovely to see the aurora borealis! We rarely see it here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Alexandra,
    Your paintings are wonderful, I love the cute deer and robin and the pretty trees.
    I would happily receive a wake up call for the light show.
    Beautiful skies! Take care, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.