Saturday, April 9, 2022

new colours of Nose Hill

I have been up on Nose Hill often lately, I still want to visit there but would like to see something different!  Like before, I went for sunrise but this time I wanted to capture photos of the crocuses before the sun was fully up.  I also planned to walk through the area that had burned back in February.  That was my plan and I had success with accomplishing that yet I came away with so much more!  

sunrise shades
admiring the crocuses while watching the sun rise
successfully raising the little ones
With the sun fully up and having invested plenty of time admiring the crocuses, I motored for a few kilometres to cover loads of ground.  I still stayed aware of the beauty around me.  It was a blue that caught my eye and seeing a Male Mountain Bluebird at Nose Hill is an unusual sight.
In previous visits to the Park, I could see the scorched ground down below while high on the Hill.  On this visit, I ventured in that direction and walked trails that meandered throughout the blackened area.  I was surprised to see shades of pink and purple glowing.  The most beautiful and healthy crocuses were growing throughout the burned field.   


The sketch in the collage story at the top of this post, is my tribute to "beauty blooms" !   




2 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning, especially that final image.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.