Monday, April 11, 2022

Glenbow Ranch Crocus Hunting

I'm still concentrating on capturing crocus photographs to make collages!  The season is so short, the forecast will not be forgiving and I only have a few more days on my side before leaving for a change of scenery! I have a lot to pack in before packing up, so on this morning I went to Glenbow Ranch Provincial park where I had insider information that crocuses had sprouted here.  The forecast was what it was, no matter what, I was going anyway!  As I hit the trail, the sky began to open up and shed some sweet shades.  

Within a matter of minutes, the sweet shades turned shady on me and snow showers started.  It was cold with a high windchill which allowed the snow to accumulate.  It was just enough to leave the pathway white then those sweet shades began to shine bright again.  
Even though a bright blue sky transpired, it remained cold the entire hike.  It was cold enough for the birds to puff up there feathers to stay warm.  I was surprised to see the Northern Shrike still here, it will soon head far north to where it spends the spring and summer.  

This is my collection of crocuses!  

After passing by the areas where I knew the crocuses grew, I then picked up the pace to get warm again and to complete the circuit.  Movement to the side caught my eye and this coyote spotted me long before I spotted him. He monitored me to make sure I moved along.  Then he dashed off into the trees.

Mission accomplished!  I still have more of these missions in me but the weather will be the telltale sign whether crocus hunting will be worthy!



1 comment:

  1. 'Sweet shades' and delicate crocuses - a perfect morning.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.