Tuesday, April 5, 2022

springing along through spring

Oh what should I do today is the question I threw out to myself when I woke on this morning!  Chase crocuses?  See a sunrise?  Be a birder?  The photo collage from Nose Hill Environmental Park depicts what I went for!  On this gusty cold morning, spending loads of time close to the ground being one with Mother Earth, was a great way to avoid some of those bigger gusts but more importantly it allowed me to get up close and personal with the crocuses.  The majority of them are a bit beyond being buds yet there were hundreds more that were barely buds yet.  I will be back to see them in full bloom wide open showing off their hearts of gold!   
some of the hills that populate this section and it's where lots of crocuses thrive
just call me the coyote whisperer 
gorgeous view as I left the crocus hunting behind

************

Oh what should I do today is the question I threw out to myself when I woke on this morning!  Chase crocuses?  See a sunrise?  Be a birder?  The photo collages from Whyndam-Carseland Provincial Park depict what I went for!  This was my first sighting of Red-Winged Blackbirds for this season.  I am learning that first seasonal sightings are a big thing in the birding community and I am beginning to realize why!  The sightings for me represent hope and promise!  I was the first to arrive and saw no one until when I was nearing the end, many others were just beginning their hike.  The colourful foliage is coming along, the ground is softening and soon the campground section will be open to campers.  I spotted a few sites that would be ideal for me, one which I shared in the bottom collage.  When the time is right, I will be back here for some kind of a visit!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.