Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Inglewood + Confluence = SUCCESS

For this year 2024, my goal is to cover 2024 kms via purposeful activity being "out & about" one way or another.  I was aiming for 1000 kms to be covered by the end of June.  When I saw I was approaching that well before the half way mark of the year, I made an extra effort to get it done! This morning I got out to Confluence Park to cover just shy of ten kilometres before an appointment because I knew I would not make it happen after the appointment.  After entering today's distance on my chart, I am now where I wanted to be well before I wanted to be there!  That equals success!   This clip is the bottom part of the chart.

On a dismal, dreary, cold, wet holiday Monday, I visited the Inglewood Bird Sanctuary to cover double digit distance by "chasing & capturing"!  While my main intention for going here it for birding, I always hope I might spot other sights.  I had much success with that this morning!  Meandering along minding my own business, I heard the howls of a pack of coyotes, the howling went on and on.  I left the back secluded trail and aimed for the open area at the front where I would feel more comfortable being.  That's when I saw six coyotes exit the forest and cross the bridge.  This photo shows two, the others followed a few seconds later.   

This one waited and watched me.  
It has a beautiful face!  After using my full zoom to snap this shot, I backed off quite a distance then it crossed the bridge to join the others.  It was good to know they were all on the other side now and heading off across the field.  
Whew!  That was exciting!  Now to get on with "chasing & capturing"!  While meandering along minding my own business, I spotted this beaver having a morning snack.  I snapped a few shots but then decided because he was making such a cute noise eating, I took a video to capture the sight and sound. 


Oh my, I wonder does this deer know about the bridge just down the way! The river and lagoon are high due to the recent rain.  I watched to see that it made it safely to the other side, which it did.  Three others followed shortly there after.   


Oh boy, everything needs to get somewhere and finds one way or another to get there!  

I did have success with "chasing & capturing" bird photographs.  The best success of all was seeing this Blackpoll Warbler which is a "lifer" for me. I snapped a couple dozen shots as it flitted about in amongst the twigs and branches.  This was the only photo that was clear enough of them all. Yes!  Success!


🌤 🌤 🌤 🌤 🌤

It was so nice to be "out & about" on a beautiful morning after the dark and dismal day yesterday. I needed to get going early to get my nature fix before an appointment.  It had been a number of days since I ventured over to Confluence Park so I made that my destination.  There was business to take care of first and that was to check the Robin's Nest to see if she came back.  She did not!  

What became very clear after getting home and downloading all my photos was that today comes to you by way of the colour yellow!  What a difference a week makes!  After all the snow and rain over the past number of days, the park seems so alive and vibrant now.  


I had lots of success with "chasing & capturing", much more success than I was expecting.  
Of all the birds and ducks I saw, these are my favourites.  

American Goldfinch

Yellow Warbler

Western Tanager

Yesterday at Inglewood plus today at Confluence 
Sights & sounds of nature plus distance covered
Equals SUCCESS!



8 comments:

  1. Inglewood is a great place to get photos. I've only been thee once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is always something going on there to photograph, I never come away disappointed.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great outing, the coyotes can be scary. Wonderful variety of birds seen, I love the warblers.
    Congrats on the Blackpoll sighting. The Western Tanager is one of my many favorites. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many photos of Western Tanagers in various locations are showing up on social media over the past few days. There have never been so many in the area.

      Delete
  3. I don't recall you seeing so many coyotes, as in these past few months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your recollection is spot on! Seeing six at once was the most I ever saw and was rather unnerving!

      Delete
  4. Lots of neat pictures, especially the close-up of the coyote. Thanks for the update on the Robin’s nest. My curiosity continues. Really like that photo of the field with yellow flowers. Love the American Goldfinch. Congrats on SUCCESS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep checking that nest but it remains empty with no Robins anywhere in the area.

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.