Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Icefields Parkway Bow Lake July 20, 2022

Three hours was the amount of time I had on my side before I could check into my home away from home along the Icefields Parkway.  I knew this so put a plan in place on how to pass that time.  This is my picnic site right on the shore of Bow Lake which is about a 35 minute drive up the Parkway from Lake Louise.  That red spot is Num Ti Jah Lodge which is at the main parking area for the Lake.  When I arrived at the small parking area, before doing anything, I scouted out the site locations then quickly scooted back to my car, grabbed gear and quickly raced back to make my claim.  It was a great spot with sun and shade, by the  water, great views and the sweet thing was....
...it had two trees located far enough apart beside my picnic table where I could hang my hammock! 
My curious audience of one was a Clark's Nutcracker!
In fact, it was monitoring my situation with regards to food offerings! 
Between napping, reading, mountain gazing, lake listening, sky glancing and dining, the three hours here sped by!  After taking down my site, I captured some photos of Bow Lake. The water was crystal clear, colourful and cold.
reflections in Bow Lake
When I was getting ready to leave, the wind picked up and created waves.  
Before hitting the Icefields Parkway west, I stopped off at the main parking location for Bow Lake to get another view of the surroundings.  It was the meadow filled with Paintbrush wildflowers that captured my attention.  
close up view of the glacier and cornice
Paintbrushes and Crowfoot Mountain
Paintbrushes as far as the eye can see


1 comment:

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.