Tuesday, October 18, 2022

"Aussie Coastal Bushwalk" Conquer 2022 Virtual Challenge Progress October 18, 2022

Accountability!  I am finally beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel!  Sigh!  There is worthiness in declaring that feeling!  There have been numerous days lately where keeping on top of this challenge is the only thing that got me out the door.  I know I could fib and insert false digits but I am holding myself accountable to honestly complete the Conquer 2022 Challenge!  These are the stats as of end of day October 18.
    
IN REALITY!

The Goats!  After an 8km romp around Nose Hill, I stopped by to see the goats.  This is their story!  They were busy doing what they do with no cares about us mingling in with them.  The living quarters for the Shepard, his dog and the goats is off limits but where the goats roam is a free open area for all. In the final photo the dog is herding them off in another direction until the Shepard called out a command, then just like that the dog has them heading back to the corral.  The Shepard informed us the goats were ready for a water break.  They are up on Nose Hill for a month so I will be back to visit them another day.






The Colours!  The leaves are falling and the colours are fading yet the weather remains so unusually warm.  I got out the door on this morning to cover a few kilometres meandering around Carburn Park and its surroundings.  I hoped for some bird sightings but quickly got distracted by the autumn shades.  With the forcast calling for a drastic change in a couple of days, my thoughts turned to etching designs on ice with the blades of my skates!





VIRTUALLY!

Southern Australia!  This is where I am virtually in the world!  I crossed over from New South Wales into Victoria.  For now the route takes me along the Princes Highway and eventually I will detour off that with intentions of following closer to the shoreline if possible.  

The orange tack at the  bottom shows my current location which is approaching Nowa Nowa.


What's Left!  I have 297 kms left to cover on this challenge.  It's time to put in an extra effort to remain focused by keeping my eye on the prize. With a change in weather approaching, eventually the method to cover these kilometres will change.  This is the route I am aiming for showing roughly where I should finish on December 31st.  As many times this year, the route could change and the finish spot could change. 


The plan is to have one more Progress report and that will be when I cover the 2022 kms that I have set as my goal for this year!  When that happens and I input the numbers on the program, I will receive a finishers certificate and then  my medal will be placed in the mail!  


3 comments:

  1. Go you! That is incredible mileage for one year!
    The autumn colours are sensational and I am impressed with the environmental program re the goats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hope I can stay motivated to reach that goal! I wonder how the goats and the Shepard felt when they woke to lots of snow this morning!

      Delete
  2. I don't think the Shepherd would be too happy! As your snow arrived, so did our heat!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.