Saturday, October 15, 2022

It's all About the Colours : Mine & Mother Nature's

How sweet it has been, almost as sweet as a Candy Apple with a coating of sugar and corn syrup.  Being "out & about" locally these past few days has been a delight.  There is a feast of fall shades to be savoured paired with unusual mild temperatures.  Plenty of leaves remain on the trees and enough have fallen to create a swishable experience along the paths.  The dry weather affords gorgeous colourful sunrises with a sky full of pinks, golds and oranges.  How sweet it is!  

Drawing and painting this Candy Apple was timely!  The colourful tasty treat is popular during the autumn season and especially around Halloween.  As the watercolors were laid and time went on, it looked like a hot mess.  Once again I had to trust the process that it would appear real by the time I declared it a completed project.  I am not sure at what point it took on a shiny look.  It was only when I finally added the finishing touches with a white gel pen then stood back and looked at it, that I felt like seeking my teeth into it!   

The chilly sunrise times warranted a few layers and gloves to stay warm but soon there after one long sleeve or even at times just a short sleeve shirt were suffice.  These are a few photographs where Mother Nature showed off her autumn palette in various urban areas.  The roughly 35 kms of ground covered during these recent days was most enjoyable.  Looking ahead, it appears to be favourably to witness more of her seasonal offerings for another little while.









These two recent purchases are assisting in making the hours of painting more user friendly.  The Watercolour Palette holds paint from the tubes. It came with an attached pink airtight cover to protect the paint to save for future projects.  I made a chart listing the colours in each pod.  It also came with a mixing tray which is plastic that I have not used and probably will not.  What a treat it is to mix the watercolours on my new Porcelain Painting Palette.  I had been using a plastic tray from days gone by.  I am still on the fence on whether to move even another step up on quality of paints.  I am using mid range quality and they come at a reasonable price for me. 
 
After organizing the Watercolour Palette and testing the Porcelain Painting Palette, I then went to work on a new project.  I like store fronts, sometimes even more so than the inside of the store itself.  It was when I was in Spain during April/May of this year that this interest really came to the forefront.  I followed a tutorial to paint this scene. I like all the details and I enjoyed learning new techniques for making items come to life.  I am happy with the outcome! I have numerous photos I took of store fronts in the little seaside villages along the Costa Brava.  I think it's time to take a little time, look at my photos, reminisce, pick a picture of a store front and then paint a memory!   




2 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, wow! I've run out of words to describe the beauty you see so regularly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those types of views are fleeting these days, today could be the last day with any kind of resemblance!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.