Thursday, September 1, 2022

"Aussie Coastal Bushwalk" Conquer 2022 Virtual Challenge Progress September 1, 2022

More often than not, my in depth progress check was not in depth at all!  I still posted my purposeful distances, saw that I remained ahead of plan, saved it on my google map and that was that.   When I did do a deep dive, I discovered I made a gross mistake in the distance between my "start" point and my planned "finish" point.  But first things first, at the end of the day September 1st, I have covered 1470 kms of my 2022 kms goal as you can see my chart.

This map shows what I accomplished so far and as you can see I am now virtually at Wallagoot which is only 105 kms north of the border between New South Wales and Victoria.  That border was my planned finish location. I calculated that border to be 2022 kms from where I started at South Stradbroke Island which is not the case with the route I planned to take.

I had to revamp my plan! The orange tack just north of the border is my current location and the orange line after the tack is now the route I plan to take.  The orange line above the tack is the route I covered already except I did not veer inland to Canberra the capital, I virtually hugged the coastline instead.
From this day forward, I will carry on with reaching the goal of covering 2022kms in 2022, yet I will be doing this without a planned finish location.  Where I end up is where I will end up! If I reach my goal before the end of day December 31st, I will continue to move west and track my distance whatever it may be.   

I still have my eye on this medal with confidence I will conquer 2022!


The Conqueror People are beginning to put thoughts of Conquer 2023 out there.  No more year conquering for me!  I will consider a challenge or two or three though if there are offers of interest, such as The Icefields Parkway!  


2 comments:

  1. Your Conquer stats sure make my yearly kilometres look small. Go you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of those kilometres took work just to get out the door during the long heat wave! I don't know how you manage to get out and be active when it is hot!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.