Wednesday, August 31, 2022

in a whimsical mood

It's the bright cheerful colours that grabbed my attention the most!  Add to those shades, a light-hearted feel and a whimsical look, that's where you will find me these days.  I have been getting lost in working with higher quality water-colour paints.  I picked up a few to try and this is the outcome.  When I looked for lessons on blending colours, I came upon a set of fun tutorials.  I love this look!

Some of these tutorials were to give ideas on painting home made greeting cards.  I will probably not go that route though.  The main purpose for me was to learn the wet on wet technique and also blending.  I learned how to use a fan brush as you can see in the bottom two birds in the top left painting.  I learned lots and I look forward to gaining more knowledge along this path.  What I realized is, I now need to buy a few more brushes of various sizes.  For now, I am OK with the paper I use, but if this becomes serious, I will need a higher quality of paper too!


Just looking of these projects makes me smile!

1 comment:

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.