Monday, August 22, 2022

Waterton Lakes National Park "So Long" August 19, 2022

It's time to head back to reality today!  I contemplated a paddle before hitting the highway to home but opted to enjoy the sunrise, take a walk around the townsite, savour my coffee on the rocking chair then load up my car and say so long!

view while waiting for the sun to rise



the sun peaking through the tree top

While I was watching the changing colours during the sunrise pre-show, I also kept my eye on the Bears Hump and Crandall Mountain behind me. With my good zoom, I could see there were many people on the Bears Hump watching the show.  I took this photo behind me just as the sun came above the trees.  

Everything about Waterton Townsite was so sweet this morning!  The temperature was a high single digit, yet it was forecasted to be the hottest day at +33C.  The water was calm and the golden glow beamed brightly. It was quiet, peaceful and so pretty.  But, it was time for me to continue on with my day and prepare to face reality.

I procrastinated by taking another drive through the Buffalo Paddock, a visit to Lower Waterton Lake and then a stop off at Maskinonge which is a location I enjoy being at mostly during calm mornings.  These are a few photos I captured while there.  

I walked that trail to the shore.
Blue Heron
two swans


This was my third trip to Waterton in five months.  I went last year in September for larch season and thoroughly enjoyed that.  I am not sure if I will venture there this September.  For now, I will savour the memories of those three trips especially this most recent one!



2 comments:

  1. Perfect sunrise shades. So wonderful to have this National Park on your doorstep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's has become my favourite over Banff and Jasper National Parks!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.