Friday, August 5, 2022

Inglewood Bird Sanctuary August 5, 2022

It's been quite some time since I dedicated a few hours to just birding.  Lately hiking, sketching, kayaking, celebrating and little get-aways have filled all my fun time hours.  This morning was dedicated to enjoying the scenery and the birds at the Inglewood Bird Sanctuary.  I went early enough to beat the racing traffic on the Indy Deerfoot 500!  This was my view as I arrived at the lagoon.  I could already hear a variety of bird songs and squawks.  
It was calm enough for a reflection with a bit of wind wave in the water.
Clouds like these happen when the wind blows and it did blow, which kept it cold enough for a few layers with one pulled over my hands to keep them warm.  With the wind, nary was there a single bug to bother me.  
a juvenile Cedar Waxwing enjoy a berry
It was exciting to see a Baltimore Oriole! 
This little puff of fluff is a Western Wood-Pewee.
Swainson's Hawk performing an over the shoulder check
Eastern Kingbird with a spider's web
one of dozens of juvenile American Robins

I came away with sightings of more species but the photos did not turn out or I did not even capture a photo.  There were two families of Wood Duck ducklings and a bunch of Mallard ducklings belonging to one Mom.   Two eagles were drifting in the wind's waves in the sky as were the two Swainson's Hawks.  It was a pleasure to be "out & about" this morning at the Sanctuary, the place was so alive! 


1 comment:

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.