Friday, September 30, 2022

local color

Many moons ago when I took the seasonal colour analysis quiz, the result was that I am "spring"!  In my heart of hearts though, I want to be "autumn"!  Over the past few days I spent time out & about looking to get close to my favourite time of year.  It's out there, it's everywhere!     


Nose Hill Environmental Park

For this visit up on Nose Hill, I stuck to the area that is populated with trees.  While the wide open spaces looked pretty, I wanted to get lost in the woods with the oranges, golds, reds, greens and yellows.  





 

Inglewood Bird Sanctuary

Even though I knew the colours would be gorgeous at The Sanctuary, my intentions on this visit were for birding as they always are.  Migration is in full swing and I wanted to catch a glimpse of who ever was still hanging around. My initial intention fell by the wayside, I got caught up in eyeing the autumn hues! 









Confluence Park

The Siberian Larch Tree watch has began! That is the species of larch tree that grows in the city.  I explored around others parts of the Park before checking in the area where the larches grow in the Birth Forest.  The last photo shows one of the Siberian Larches and as you can see it is making good progress towards its prime time showing. 











2 comments:

  1. Autumn is certainly everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a longer one this year and continues being lovely with warm weather!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.