Thursday, July 20, 2023

Kayak Bowness July 20, 2023

With the snap of the fingers, a split second decision was made to hit the water at Bowness today!  No work was necessary to prepare as all the required gear sits at my front door.  What I noticed when I arrived at the ramp was, the water level is lower.  Instead of hopping into my packraft mid way down the ramp like I normally do, I had to hop in at the very bottom.  While kayaking about, there were paddling stretches that were narrower and in other areas I had to pay more attention to avoid rocks.  

view from the far end of the Lagoon


I have many happy places and one of them is sitting in my packraft!

An iced latte to go please!

where the winter ice flooding machine parks to load the tank with water

clear reflection along the Canal

I have two videos to share!  This is along the section where the boat house is. You can see a family of Mallard Ducks ahead of me.  The duckings seemed quite inquisitive and did not scurry away as I approached.  

It was time to get off the water and this video shows me aiming for the ramp.

 

6 comments:

  1. Great photos: a very beautiful place to explore with a kayak. Many things to see: birds, nature, plants.
    I miss my kayak and the long time spent to paddle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy admiring all the sights so it is usually a slow paddle for me. Sorry you can no longer paddle but I hope your memories of paddling bring a smile to your face!

      Delete
  2. Wow, this looks wonderful! Your photos drew me in, and the videos sealed the deal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going first thing in the morning is so peaceful. Taking videos with my iPhone while paddling is not an easy task but I finally figured out a way to do it. I hope to share more paddling videos.

      Delete
  3. A very relaxing way to spend a few hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great start to the day and gets me in a happy frame of mind!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.