Sunday, July 9, 2023

a little look into what living life lately looks like

There has been a debate going on this past while!  It's a debate between me, myself and I!  To continue blogging or not to continue?  That is the question!  I am all over the map on this debate and I have not yet come to a conclusion of which route to take.  Maybe a break is what is needed, I don't know!  Maybe I just need to let it be, and whatever is meant to be, it will be!  Until then....

~~~~~~~~~~

On this morning, I paddled for the first time this season!  My intentions were for it not to be this late into the season.  Another heat wave hit, so my plan was to hit the water early at Bowness Park.   After settling in and paddling away, I was quickly reminded of how much I enjoy this activity.  Time passed quickly but the kilometres did not, I spent loads of time admiring what was around me.  The last time I was on The Lagoon and The Canal was early March when the kilometres did accumulate quickly while I skated during the frigid temperatures.  


a few pretty sights

A couple of hours later, I was ready to call it a day and get off the water.  

a view along The Canal during one of those cold winter days

~~~~~~~~~~

Since returning from Nova Scotia, I have passed many hours and covered loads of kilometres visiting the local parks for birding, for working on my virtual challenge, and for just seeing the sights and hearing the sounds.  Tonnes of photos fill my card.  These are a few that I took while birding. They are all recent additions to the bird and duck population.  

American Robin feeding the Fledgling

a few other big babies

~~~~~~~~~~

One of the topics on my "vision board" for 2023 is to paint from my photos!  This is my favourite one so far!  I took this photo along the Halifax Waterfront in June while spending time with two friends.  I had experience with painting ice creams so felt I was ready to dive right in. 

The plan is to spend some "Mindful Moments" every now and then.  It's easy, pick a subject then let your mind wander to where the subject takes you.  I used a tutorial for this first session.  In amongst my collection of sea shells, I found four sand dollars.  When I hold them and admire them.....

.....I am taken back to those days when I walked the beaches and collected sea shells and beach glass.  Some times the tide was in so I could not collect, yet it was then that "I could hear her voice in the ocean's roar"!  The purpose of this painting was to learn to create crashing waves.  

On Canada Day, July 1st, I began painting in a new journal.  This nature journal measures 5" X 8".  The weight of the paper is the heaviest I have ever painted on and I like it a lot.  For this spread, I was working with a dauber to make baubles to create the bokeh effect.    




4 comments:

  1. Keep blogging!
    With forecasts of a high of 92F- 94F here in Minnesota, it is a refreshing break to replay your skating videos from March 9 and February 5 of this year

    Lar in Minnesota

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With temperatures like that plus humidity, I would melt! Looking at my skating videos and putting my head in the fridge have been helping during our hot days here!

      Delete
  2. Keep blogging, don't give up!
    Great photos that take me in the past when I had a kayak and I spent many hours paddling and taking pictures.
    Unfortunately after the incident on my shoulder (2016) I cannot paddle anymore.
    I love birds, just now with my wife we are feeding at home a baby blackbird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You for dropping in and leaving your comment. It's nice when we can find activities and interests that bring fulfillment. It is good to see you are still running! Birding became a past time when our world changed back in 2020 and I added kayaking to my sports pastimes when I officially became a senior last year!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.