Saturday, June 24, 2023

Chichen Itza Virtual Challenge Progress Report June 22, 2023

After finishing the Ring of Kerry Virtual Challenge, I pondered if I wanted to do another one, of course I signed up for one, I'm hooked on these! Heading south across the Atlantic Ocean, I am now virtually trekking in the Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico.  The Chichen Itza Virtual Challenge is 154 kms in length and takes you to one of the New 7 Wonders of the World.  This tourist beach area is not a location I have any urge to actually visit but I am good to go there virtually.  I do love water and beaches having grown up in Nova Scotia, it is in my blood.  


You can see the "start" sign in the centre of the bushes with the sandy trail on the left and the beautiful blue water on the right.  

a far out view of this virtual location

closing in

the 154 km route is one way

This is a fairly new challenge put out by the Conqueror People.

I began this virtual challenge on the first day of summer along the boardwalk at the Halifax Nova Scotia Waterfront.  I am using this photo as my maker along the route.  

my first postcard

For this 154 km route, I picked a time frame of 42 days to complete it.  I am feeling motivated to be "out & about" now that I am back in Calgary where we are blessed with smoke-free air.  Stay tuned for progress reports!  




4 comments:

  1. Chicken Itza is an amazing historical site. It will be a very interesting challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also very different from the others I completed.

      Delete
  2. I'm not familiar with virtual challenges. They sound interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.theconqueror.events They became a hit when our world changed back in 2020. They are interesting, loads of fun and motivational to keep moving.

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.