Friday, June 16, 2023

Halifax, Nova Scotia June 15, 2023

It’s been years since I spent a spring/summer-like day taking in the sights and sounds along the Halifax Waterfront. That was what I choose to do to embrace that maritime feeling and to embrace the sea salt air. As for the humidity, you can only become one with it as it embraces you.  There was fog to start the day but not near as thick and soupy as it was upon arrival by plane last evening.  It took our pilot two attempts to find the runway and then eventually land on it.  Whew, it was a touch down to remember!

When the fog lifted and the sun came out, I hit a beer patio to try a local brew. 

We chatted for a bit before I settled in the sun to begin sipping.  This is his bar front which is self serve. I asked for a local lite ale and his recommendation was a lager by Painted Boat.  As it turns out, the brewery is in Stellarton, N.S.

A foggy view along the waterfront.


This luxury yacht was in dock and being cleaned after arriving on the 13th.  Her name is “Vive La Vie” and it’s owned by a fellow from Switzerland.  The info I came about when I googled the name, was interesting to read, as was seeing where it docked prior to arriving in Halifax.
There are a few hammocks hanging along the waterfront walkway.
an enlarged version of a painting by Maud Lewis with Georges Island to the right 
Georges Island
So much work has been done to improve the experience when visiting this area of Halifax. There are chairs, benches, hammocks everywhere and each has a prime view.  This is only one of the many sections with chairs.
So, what’s your pleasure!  Kayaking! Sailing! Cruising! Jet-Skiing!  You can do it all!

The Public Gardens are in the centre of Halifax.  After my morning walk at the waterfront and before my afternoon walk there, I strolled through the Gardens.  I was last here decades ago but don’t remember much from that visit.  








After many hours covering fifteen kilometres, I was ready to call it a day early as jet leg began to catch up with me.  I was quite content with seeing all those sights, sipping that local brew and savouring a delicious haddock steak.  You can take the girl out of the maritimes but you can’t take the maritimes out of the girl!




2 comments:

  1. Halifax is very impressive with its waterfront and beautiful gardens. I jusy had to google 'Vive la Vie', too. Absolutely staggering. A crocodile table that lifts off the floor for a disco space. How often does that happen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just googled, the Vive La Vie is now docked in Boston. It is certainly luxurious! I had not seen the waterfront in years, it is greatly improved and such a fun place to be.

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.