Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Arch Series

During those many recent days when it was not fit to be "out & about" due to the worst air quality imaginable, I spent time browsing over, sifting through, swiping over, deleting, throwing out.  I came upon one of the hardcover coffee table books I had a company make from my photos of a May 2011 trip to Moab, Utah.  I began reliving that trip and then just like that, I began laying shades on paper.

These are the outcomes of laying those shades! Each watercolour painting is roughly replicated from photos I took on that trip.  All four measure approximately 6" by 8".  While I saw many other arches, these are my favourite.  The first one I painted was Mesa Arch and this final one was my fourth try.  It was a learning experience and frustrating at times figuring out the shades and shadows without a tutorial to follow.   

If you would like to read more about each trek that I took to see the arches, click on the link and it will bring you to the story which is posted in my original blog.  The photos below are the main ones I used to create the paintings.






I still may paint some of the other arches I saw and also bridges that I saw on other trips.  I also need to decide what to do with my coffee table books.  I am feeling I am no longer in need of keeping them. 


1 comment:

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.