Wednesday, May 31, 2023

May 2023 Painting Challenge Complete!

I talked a bit about this project back on May 10th and showed the progress to date.  Each square is 1 & 1/2 inches in size.  It took working with the tiniest brushes, having a steady hand with my nose almost touching the paper.  To complete this challenge today, I cheated! Due to taking care of business, I did not have the opportunity to be out & about enjoying nature today.  The ice cream painting was from a photo I took on Monday.  I will share a little story about a few of the days:

🖌On May 22nd we had showers, on May 23rd while out & about,  I admired the puddles capturing photos of many.  It had been ages since I saw a puddle!  They are not easy to paint but I gave it a quick shot.  With all the wildfires in Central and Northern Alberta, the whole province was and still is in dire need of rain.  

🖌On May 16 & 17, the air quality was rated at 10+ and even for hours it showed 11.  Calgary made the news for having the worst air quality on the planet earth.

🖌On May 5th and May 31st, I did not get out to enjoy nature so a beer and ice cream were my muses. 


This was such an enjoyable challenge, 
I will do another one in a few months time.
🖌


Nature Journaling

I still have not sat out in nature to paint & print what I see in front of me! It will happen, one day!  What I did create in my journal was this two page spread about beach glass (sea glass).  As you can see, I had many pieces of these treasures to replicate.  You may need to click on the photo to enlarge it to read the words.  I have such a large collection but not near as large as some of my maritime friends.  We all love being lost in the joy of strolling beaches searching for shiny specs to collect.

I made many projects from the pieces of beach glass I collected over the years.  
These are the bigger projects and my favourite.  

a lighthouse

Inukshuk

Beach & Lighthouse, Calella, Spain

raising her arms in victory on a mountain summit



4 comments:

  1. Your calendar art is impressive, but so too is your creativity with the sea glass. You've certainly collected many pieces for a girl who has lived in the west for so long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Helen! Most of the pieces range from six to twenty years old, other than what I picked up in Spain last year.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank You! They were enjoyable projects to work on and hold wonderful memories.

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.