Tuesday, May 2, 2023

My cabin in the woods retreat! May 2, 2023

It would be my pleasure for the entire day, to enjoy everything my cabin in the woods has to offer.  There is much to see away from here so I did break away for a few hours to hike at the Kootenay Plains Ecological Reserve.  I stopped along the way to see some pretty sights.  I saw the wild horses yesterday but today I stopped to watch them enjoying their morning.
It was a calm morning at Abraham Lake.
There were many ponds and lakes along the way. 

Hiking at this Reserve is a first for me, that means it would be a slow go as I take every little thing in.  My pace would be at that “Remember to Breathe” pace.  This is the location my cabin in the woods is named for.
view along the trail
Dark-Eyed Junco eyeing me
North Saskatchewan River
This is a video I took while crossing the River on the suspension bridge.  Part way through the bridge began to sway and bounce a very tiny bit.  

crossing the bridge
looking back down at the bridge
Thr board walk was built to preserve the land.
view along the boardwalk 
The view from another area on The Reserve that I hiked.
following alongside the North Saskatchewan River

By now it was quite hot.  The ground is already so dry yet it was nice to see this colour.

As I arrived back to the local town near my cabin in the woods, I noticed Fire Ban signs in two locations.  I was not surprised. That meant I could not enjoy my outdoor fire pit but I could still have an indoor one. I did enjoy bird watching in my yard.  This is a Red-Breasted Nuthatch. 

Yellow-Rumped Warbler

When the sun set, it was then time to retreat to the comfy and coziness of a fire inside my cabin in the woods. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.