Sunday, June 11, 2023

Through it all...

 ...exist beautiful new beginnings!

All appeared OK to be "out & about" when I checked the conditions before having breakfast.  Fast forward to an hour later when I stepped out my front door to see the glow of that bright pink sun and a smell oh so familiar.  I went anyway, to the Inglewood Bird Sanctuary, knowing I could find beauty of some sort!  I share the space with numerous others, familiar faces, some with only binoculars, some with coffee in hand, some with cameras similar to mine and then others with cameras/tripods almost the size of me.  Sunday mornings here are special! 

This view is the reality of the day! 

We accept it and move on in a way that works for each of us.    




Not long into my meander along the trail, I heard a rustle and a squawk of a sort coming from in the trees. When I looked closer, I spotted a baby Robin perched on the edge of a nest.  I like the white feathery fluffs on the top of its head.  I backed off, settled against a pole and zoomed in.   

Mom Robin flew in with a treat! I watched for awhile from my zoomed in lens.  They both stood there motionless, I knew it best that I better move along and let happen what is supposed to happen in there.  I never did get to see her feed the worm to her Baby. 
An hour later when I returned to the location, I heard that familiar squawk coming from the other side of the path.  This is what I spotted!  The Baby spread its wings and fledged the nest. I would love to have seen this beautiful new beginning occur but I realize it would not have happened while I was in the vicinity.  

During my meander, many sights signalled the beauty yet to behold.  This Cedar Waxwing was quickly collecting Popular fluff from the branch it was perched on.  Some where, not too far away, will exist a comfy cozy home to welcome her new arrivals.

This season, I have seen more Robins than I have ever seen before.  
This Robin will soon be contributing to the Baby Boom. 
He/She is collecting twigs to build a nest preparing for the big day.  

There were loads of bright yellow balls of fluff zipping by all over here and there and everywhere.  Soon there will be lots more of that bright yellow cheerful colour!  This Yellow Warbler was busily buzzing about collecting pieces of nature to create a home. 

Through it all, there is beauty to behold!


1 comment:

  1. Another smokey day but these birds have brought so much joy!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.