Monday, July 24, 2023

Time for the Birds

Make time for birding is something I fit into each week.   A few hours of listening to songs and searching for sightings is all I need to feel fulfilled. Some excursions are more successful than others but any which way, I enjoy this connection with nature.  There was much success on this outing and I came away excited to download my photos to see what I captured.  While I have many more shots, these are the pictures where the birds stayed still long enough so I could get a clear photo.  Even though I have been birding now for three years and I have taken a few courses, I still have to use the app to identify some species, especially those little brown jobs called sparrows.  

Clay-Coloured Sparrow


Male House Finch

perfect reflection of a Wood Duck

Brown-Headed Cowbird (this is a baby that was being fed by a Yellow Warbler)

Mallard Mom and her Ducklings having a nap

Yellow Warbler

Black-Capped Chickadee giving me that sideways look

Great Blue Heron (I like the silhouette look)

Cedar Waxwing

American Kestrel (a species of Falcon)

Northern Flicker blending in with the wood

Eastern Kingbird

Yellow Warbler (just a ball of fluff)

a young American Robin



4 comments:

  1. You live in a place full of wonderful birds. Most of them don't live around here.
    I am sure that it's a pleasure to make birding.
    Do you try to feed them during your walks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not feed the birds! At sanctuaries "do not feed" signs are posted. In general feeding the birds out in the parks is not recommended for various reasons. It takes loads of patience to capture photos of the birds.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderfully happy successful morning you had! Your patience rewarded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I am out birding, time seems to stand still yet it also seems to fly by! Birding makes me happy in my heart and I feel I am addicted.

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.