Wednesday, November 15, 2023

I want to be an "Artist"!

On October 10th, I shared a blog post titled "I want to be an "Artist"! I ended that post with these words:

"I have a goal in mind right now and that is to create a piece that can be used as the front page or cover of something, I am not sure what that something is yet.  I want that front page or cover to be a back view of me doing something somewhere that brings joy and makes my heart sing." 

I pondered which photo of mine should I turn into a painting for a front page! I perused my hiking albums and the Waterton National Park ones kept jumping out at me.  There were many photos in those albums from all the hikes I did that would fit the bill of what I was searching for. There were three albums that contained photos of when I was standing at the viewpoint looking out onto Upper Waterton Lake with Glacier National Park at the far end of the lake. The photo that I kept going back to was in one of those albums and one I already painted which I shared in that October 10th post.  When I look at the photo and that painting I did of it, I feel a feeling that tells me yes that is the one! 

So, I already have a painting for a cover of some sort.  What should that some sort be?  I noticed these past couple of weeks, some sites that I follow of artists and photographers, show 2024 calendars for sale.  The calendars contain their works.  It has been a number of years since I used an old-fashion paper calendar, either to hang on the wall or place on the corner of my desk.  A calendar may be the route to go, I could put it together easily, I already have more than enough paintings to use and it would not be costly.  That's the route I took!

 ðŸ–Œ My calendar arrived!  ðŸ—“

It was such an enjoyable task picking out a painting for each month. Many memories came flooding back. Choices were made on a font to use, colours, a background, caption, placement of the painting and few other small details.  I opted for a desk calendar and it will sit on the corner of my desk just below the basket that you see in the above photo.  

I took a photo of each month. 











I am so pleased with how the calendar turned out and the quality of it.  
When I flip through the pages, I feel like I am an "Artist", 
if only in my own mind!  



13 comments:

  1. A great calendar with perfect paintings for each month. Well done :) B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! I am already thinking, making a calendar should become an annual project.

      Delete
  2. Love the calendar. And so cool that it features some places that we got to explore together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! When I picked the Mesa Arch Sunrise to paint earlier this year, I ended up reading all my blog posts from that trip! I sighed! Those were fun, unique, surreal days we shared!

      Delete
  3. You are definitely a very accomplished artist. This calendar is wonderful and will bring you joy every time you check it. I was thrilled to spot a little piece of me on your basket. I regularly carry my lighter hiking gear in a red back pack with a Canadian flag on it! 🥰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that little piece of you was meant to be sewn onto a backpack, but I like where it is, it fits in perfectly with the theme of the whole display.

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful calendar, you will have fun looking at each month next year and reliving the memories. I do a calendar of my photographs every year and do the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many moons ago, I made a wall calendar using my photos and it hung above my desk at work. I eventually threw it out. Do you keep your calendars?

      Delete
  5. Hi Alexandra, Wow, your idea is outstanding and you've created a great calendar. Are you going to sell them? I definitely want to buy one. I see an email address in your Profile ... shall I contact you there? Great post, thank you for sharing. John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is only one and it is priceless!!! Ha! Ha! You inflated my ego! Maybe some day down the road, I will paint things to sell.

      Delete
    2. Ha Ha … I love that. I think you’ve got a great project there. You have been so regular with your blogging. My suggestion would be, in 2024, choose 1 picture from all that you take in a month, and use that one for a 2025 calendar. Then, as you go through ’25 you would have a cool reminder of what happened the previous year. Wishing you a happy weekend! John

      Delete
  6. I am sure you are an artist because you succeeded in realizing your new world with your pure passion.
    And all your paintings tells us eloquently your joy, surprise and respect to nature. They are full of wonderful stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make me wonder, what is the true definition of an artist! When I paint from my photos, I relive over and over again those special moments and experiences in time. Thank You for dropping in with your comment!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.