Saturday, November 11, 2023

Inglewood Bird Sanctuary November 11, 2023

Breathe!  Finally a day free from life's happenings has arrived and it's time to get back "out & about"!  I acknowledged Remembrance Day first!  I am thankful for the life I get to live and that thanks plays out more than ever these days!  Today I choose to spend a few hours at the Inglewood Bird Sanctuary.


It was a gorgeous, fresh, crisp morning to witness the dawning of a new day. 

Then came time to get busy with birding! As usual, I paid loads of attention to the scenery and other little things that captured my attention.   With he warm temperatures here in the city, the snow melted and the trails were clear and dry to hike along.  
view across the lagoon

This is about the only tree left in the whole Sanctuary that still shows autumn shades.  

The variety of species these days is sparse, those that go south already left. My favourite remains throughout the winter, the Black-Capped Chickadee.  Today they were flying at me which tells me people have been sharing snacks with them. 
a White-Breasted Nuthatch in the upright position which is unusual for them.
You can see the tracking band on its leg.
a Northern Flicker blending in with the tree trunk

There were many distractions from bird watching today, like this leaf sitting on a rusted railing.  

This past month I have been learning to sketch and water-colour paint ice, so this caught my eye.  

leaves frozen in ice

Oh Mother Nature you know how to show off your beauty!  
The way the light shone on these was so pretty.

I believe this coyote saw me before I saw it.  It looked away for a second then returned its attention to me. In the next second, it was off like a flash into the woods.  Back in 2021 when I was into coloured pencil sketching, I learned to sketch a coyote.  It's time to try a watercolour painted version!  
Muskrat taking a morning bath

I have something new in the works that I will share tomorrow!  
You may notice a hint on the left side of my blog!  
Stay Tuned!



6 comments:

  1. Another glorious morning spent enjoying the arrival of winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winter disappeared in the city over the past few days but it is in full force just over an hour to the west!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous bird photos and those frosted leaves. I’m really enjoying my regular visits to your blog. B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice to hear you are enjoying what I have to share!

      Delete
  3. Your zoomed photos of little birds are very clear. I can see the light on their eyes.
    The fields are in silence and coldness. Did you enjoy a cup of hot drink after coming home?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That little speck of light in their eyes makes them come alive, and I notice when I paint birds that I have to make sure to put that speck of light there. Yes, I brewed a cup of hot chocolate when I got back home!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.