Saturday, January 30, 2021

nurturing a coyote

While "out & about" I don't expect to see a coyote so when I do it is a nice surprise.  Here you will see a small sampling of some of my sightings. The coyote is native to North America and their habitat can be in the city or out in the wild.  They intrigue me, I watch them, they watch me.  To my collection of coyote photographs, it's time to add a colored pencil sketched rendition.  For now I opted to follow a tutorial rather than attempt to sketch from my photos.   
 
To build the coyote, I picked a simple easy lesson to follow beginning with two circles for the body and a circle for the head.  Growing the coyote to full size, shape and color was not an easy task.  It took a lot of patience!  I made many mistakes, felt discouraged at times, walked away from the project, then came back with a clear head and tried to turn the wrongs into rights.  After many hours nurturing this coyote, I finally reached a stage where I accepted what it had turned into.  It was not perfect but that's what makes each one unique.  
Investing loads of time and patience paid off!



3 comments:

  1. Great photos and your patience and effort well rewarded in your final sketch. A very happy coyote, with lovely brown colourings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s a cutie! Norma

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.