Friday, January 8, 2021

Cabot Trail Virtual Challenge Progress January 8, 2021


Since crossing the start line at the Alexander Graham Bell Museum in Baddeck, Nova Scotia on January 4th, I have virtually completed 30.5 kilometres of the 298 kilometre challenge.  This is the street view of where I am located today.  Typical as is for this part of Nova Scotia is the foggy view, and I like it like that.  I am near a place called Goose Cove.   
The checkered flag is the start/finish location, the red marker is my pacer, the blue line is what I completed so far, there is me at Goose Cove and the red line is the ground ahead of me that I have to cover to complete the challenge.  I should be with my pacer so I should slow down or adjust my time goal.  
These are the distances each day I was "out & about" that make up the 30.5kms.  I received an email providing a conversion chart so I could calculate what distance I could use from skating toward my challenge.  While it was a 10km skate that equates to 6.02 kms of walking.  I was made aware I am just a few kilometres short of a goal and I am curious to see what that is.  

I am enjoying this virtual challenge and the distraction it is bringing my way.  I like the numbers game, the competition against my self, and keeping a little piece of home close to my heart! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.