Monday, January 4, 2021

Virtually via Reality January 4, 2021

In this brand New Year of 2021, I already ventured through two new open doors!  While I have not created resolutions, I do have more embracing in me to give.  With hopes these will bring additional activity, creativity and joy into my life, I entered a virtual challenge to walk the 299 kms around the Cabot Trail in Nova Scotia and I have also tried my hand at journal sketching.  

The kilometres I hike, walk, snowshoe locally will accumulate to cover the distance required to complete the hike around the Cabot Trail.  I joined hundreds of others who signed up for this challenge.  I picked this challenge because Nova Scotia is my true home sweet home and Cape Breton holds a very personal piece of my heart.      


The route begins and ends at the Graham Bell Museum in Baddeck.  Before beginning the challenge I received my bid number and a postcard that I share with you as I begin the walk.  The map below shows the route I will follow and there you can see me near the beginning along with all the others who are walking around me, behind me or far ahead of me.  While along the way, I can see a street view of my current location.  In the collage, the photo shows I am near the turn off for Beinn Bhreagh.  

This is my first ever journal sketch!  I tore the page out of the journal which I should not do because then is it really a journal sketch?  This sketch was done on a piece of 6"x8" colored pencil paper.  It is meant to be a small quick sketch containing this & that and as you can see, this one relates to my first day of the 299 kms Cabot Trail Challenge.   

The kilometres we covered today at Confluence Park, the Birth Forest and by Nose Creek gave me a good start getting out of Baddeck and along the Cabot Trail.  Today was a day of embracing, me with my new virtual challenge and journal sketching, my sister with her first time ever walking in this part of Calgary and the challenge of figuring out how does one rock climb.  The weather was a factor making today very easy to embrace. We spent some time hanging around the erratic split rock and along the lower and upper trails.

Both new doors are fully wide open!
I am excited to see where these journeys lead me!


3 comments:

  1. So glad I can be part of your journey! ❤️ Norma

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've driven this route so am looking forward to to spotting memories of the drive.
    We also had Badeck as our starting point. A lovely town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward also to virtually seeing some familiar sights! That's so nice you got to drive the Cabot Trail.

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.