Wednesday, January 13, 2021

down to the sea again

Sooner than expected, I went back down to the sea again! When I shared my journey on learning to sketch seashells little did I know at that time I opened a can of worms.  Feeling I had success with rendering a scallop shell, I branched off and laid down the shapes with colors for what I believed were four different types of shells.  Have I got a lot to learn!  After completing a bit of homework, I discovered the two on the left are both conch shells and the two on the right are snails.  My intentions were to include these in a beach scene sketch project.  I began to brainstorm what this project would look like and that can of worms went wild!


My focus with just seashells fell by the wayside (for now) and I shifted to learning how to sketch all things "beachy beachy" from sand to seagulls, from dune grass to beach chairs to umbrellas to fences and on and on.  Many hours later the blank canvas had a pencil sketch scene, then many more hours after that, this is what had transpired!   

I call it "siblings sail" with each of our initials on a sail.  
Our brother who is in our hearts leads the way guiding us safely along.    

This project has inspired me to pull out my collection of seashells and to scroll through my beach photographs.  I don't feel quite ready yet to leave the sea behind!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.