Saturday, January 16, 2021

Cabot Trail Virtual Challenge Progress January 16, 2021

Since beginning this challenge on January 4th, to date I have covered 71.2 kilometres either by walking, hiking or skating.  Yesterday I arrived at Wreck Cove just on the edge of Cape Breton Highlands National Park.  While I know all about the benefits of being "out & about" and I enjoy receiving those benefits, this challenge has escalated my motivation to get out the door.  I also enjoy the virtual rewards that come with this challenge.



A few days ago when I reached St. Ann's Bay, the mailbox popped open and there was a postcard I could share with you.  Along with the postcard came a story which I have attached at the bottom.  On another day this week, I reached a milestone, I covered 20% of this virtual journey. Partnering with a leading forestry rehabilitation agency, a tree will be planted for me.  


Both in reality and virtually, this week was fulfilling and uplifting!


   

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a great challenge. I haven't found one yet but just staying fit while working has become my goal.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.