Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Baruch's Corner January 12, 2021

I left the city behind early enough to see the sunrise out in the Elbow Valley.  That was my plan with an additional plan in place to get to the "Baruch's Corner" sign via Fullerton/Bobcat/StrangeBrew.  Well, I was early enough for the sunrise yet the clouds prevented a spectacular one!  Also well, I did reach Baruch's Corner yet the sign was gone!  Seek and ye shall find, well, not always so for now I see the sign..... 

.....only in my imagination
When I arrived at the trail head parking lot, it was me and a "fat biker" I believe that's what they are called  (biker on a bike with fat tires).  He went on his way and I followed shortly thereafter.  The sun had not come up yet and the photo opportunities were not ripe yet so I made my way steadily along and up onto a high open section of Fullerton Loop.  The sunrise shades began to fill the sky.  I took lots of time along here to enjoy the scenes & shades.



It was time to veer off onto Bobcat and head into the forest to continue climbing. 
This was one last open view before doing so.
ascending through the forest
At the junction I carried on to Strange Brew and then eventually reached Baruch's Corner.  I caught up with two ladies who were taking a break here before carrying on with the longer Boundary Ridge hike.  When I arrived they declared "the sign is gone"!  I was disappointed!  They had been last week and the sign was in place.  We assumed it is now probably a souvenir on someone's wall. The ladies went on their way and I stuck around for awhile to savour my sandwich and capture a destination shot.  
As I was packing up to head back, five "fat bikers" came along and stopped for a minute or two.  We exchanged pleasantries then we all went on our way.  I followed back along Strange Brew then back onto Bobcat then detoured onto Sugar Mama instead of returning along Fullerton.  

lunch time
Even though the vibrant sunrise did not pan out nor did I get to see the Baruch's Corner sign, there are always many things to love while being "out & about", open your eyes and open your heart to them!
Nearing the end of Sugar Mama along came a group of seven horseback riders.  

When I looked at my route once I got home, I saw there are numerous other trails that branch off to make for various lengths of hikes.  I like that it is an easy short drive to this location and with many other options to go for, I know I will venture back here again.  Seek and ye shall find...many things to love while being "out & about"! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.