Friday, January 22, 2021

getting there one way or another this week

Variety is the spice that I work at to include in making these weeks enjoyable and fulfilling!   It's a good mix of mountain, urban & home time that is the ideal recipe for me.  For now I have been reaching the level of spiciness via etching, sketching, hiking and walking with friends, some sister time or on my own.  Along with my mountain Monday moments this week at Boom Lake, I have a few photos to share here showing what it took to make the perfect recipe.    

It was time already to return to Beaverdam Flats and Carburn Park after just being there the week prior.  We hoped for beaver sightings, a nice wander along the riverside, hear some birds singing and to see a few deer.  We had success with everything except eyeing a beaver.  As we neared the end of our walk, we were gifted this amazing sight, two bald eagles in their nest!  Talking about spice and recipe, this was the icing on the cake!



Ice! Ice! Beautiful Ice!  When I arrived at Bowness Park with my skates in tow, the groomer was in the process of creating a blank canvas in preparation for designs to be etched upon.  The Lagoon was not in ideal condition due to an issue in recent days, yet the Ice Trail looked very inviting so that was where I choose to make the most etchings.  An hour and thirty eight minutes later I was ready to hang up the blades for the day and move on to another ingredient to add to the mix.  

 
My sketching thoughts remain beachy!  I felt ready to render one of my beach photos.  After sifting through many, one stood out and it was one I took at sunrise on Sugar Beach in Maui back in April of 2015.  On this morning I went for a stroll before heading off for a snorkelling event I paid for to go with a guide and a group.  I was caught up in the beauty and lost in my thoughts, loosing all track of time, I arrived back at my condo well past the snorkel start time!  As I began this sketch, I got lost in my thoughts and the beautiful color pencil colors.  I lost track of time and by the time hours passed this is what I have to show for being lost!   Completing this sketch project on January 20, 2021 I call it a "fresh start" with hope and optimism for all that is good!


2 comments:

  1. Wondrous winter scenes and I love your sketch of a 'Fresh Start'! Very timely being completed on the 20 January. My son's birthday and a 'fresh start' for the US!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put the complete date so I would remember what an important day it was! I hope your son had a nice birthday and that you were able to connect in some way with him.

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.