Monday, January 18, 2021

Boom Lake January 18, 2021

The one and only time I hiked into Boom Lake in Kootenay National Park was ten years ago.  I remember mud, mosquitoes, a beautiful view at the lake but most importantly I remember a tree lined trail the entire way to the Lake. On this "Blue Monday" I crave a great big bunch of hugs!  I knew the tree hugs would be extra special today because they would come with being wrapped in warm winter white.

The trail head parking lot for Boom Lake was cleared of snow and empty.  
I left my snowshoes in the vehicle and sported my spikes.  My intentions were to remain on the packed path and not veer off trail so spikes would be suffice.  I passed by the kiosk then crossed the bridge to a winter wonderland where I immediately began to receive those hugs.   
This part of the Park tends to be somewhat warmer and still the trees hold the snow.  
being one with the white gold
The path was perfectly packed which allowed for quick travel and it seemed like in no time I arrived at Boom Lake.  I stayed to the edge of the Lake and hiked along for a short distance.  I found a spot with a big flat rock and settled in for a bit.  
After all those hugs, this is now what "Blue Monday" looks and feels like to me!
No one else had been before me today and I could hear no one behind me the entire time I was working my way into Boom Lake.  It was pretty and so peaceful.  I could hear nothing but the gentle sighs I released.  Being here and seeing these sights which in turn gave me the feeling I felt, it reaffirmed everything would be O.K.!
an abundance of priceless gold
How beautiful can "Blue Monday" be?
It got bluer and more beautiful!
I arrived back at the bridge and the lighting on the snow marshmallows captured my attention.
It was time to cross back over the bridge feeling ready to face reality. 

In my mind,
in my heart,
in my soul,
I felt like I was 
on top of the world today!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.