Thursday, January 7, 2021

highlights from city sights January 6,7, 2021

I put a shout out to a friend to see if she was up for a few hours of social distance walking & talking.  In a matter of minutes she acknowledged she was on board.  We opted to meet at Pearce Estates and head west from there.  We made it further west than originally thought how far we would go.  We visited around Princes Island then made our way north and back east. We were afforded a most beautiful, quiet day. These are some of the sights we saw!



My ice skates are remaining at the front door for those quick grab and go mornings.  This morning was one of those mornings.  I arrived before sunrise at the Bowness Lagoon to see only three others already etching designs on the ice.  I joined in first doing a few laps around the Lagoon then took the ice trail over to the portion of it that follows along side the Bow River.  The groomer had just swept the ice trail and it was sheer joy to blade along on it.  I enjoyed three loops of the trail then skated back to the lagoon where another groomer was just completing the sweep of it.  More sheer joy!  These are some of the sights I saw!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.