Saturday, January 9, 2021

sketching scallop seashells

I must go down to the sea again! 

It's time to take a little time to invest time in some easy sketches.  The projects I completed over the past couple of months involved lots of thought in planning and included loads of detail.  After signing up to take part in the Cabot Trail Virtual Challenge, my mind drifted off to the east coast, to the ocean, to the beaches, to beach glass and seashells.  I'm ready for another little sketching lesson or two so I picked a scallop shell as my muse, just a simple, single scallop shell. 

Third times a charm!  It took three attempts to get the shell to look like a shell!  The first attempt looks like a fan to me.  The second try looks like a hot air balloon to me.  The third shot, well that looks like a scallop shell.  The same colors were used in each shell, yet the location of each color varies as does the number of layers of each and the level of pencil pressure.  It's the shape that I finally got right that I think makes it a scallop shell!  

I still have more time by the sea in me to put towards learning to sketch a clam shell, a snail shell, a conch shell which are the shells that come to mind right now.  Stay Tuned!

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.