Friday, January 1, 2021

Inglewood Bird Sanctuary January 1, 2021

When visiting the bird sanctuary my intentions are always to watch the birds flying around and listening to their songs.  I hope they stay still enough so I can come away with some nice photos.  This mornings visit was no different.  In addition to spying the birds that stay local and brave the cold, I also witnessed the first sunrise of this new year and it was a beauty.  The soft shades of pink pared with the winter white, was so easy on my eyes and so gentle on my mind!      
It was too early for bird admiring so I focused on capturing the colour.




The pink turned to blue and I turned to looking for birds.  
What I located instead was a porcupine up in a tree.
What are the odds while waiting for the final sun set of 2020 at Nose Hill yesterday, 
I spotted a porcupine up in a tree there.  
The trails at the Inglewood Bird Sanctuary are snow covered and hard packed making for easy walking.  It was cold enough that the snow was still on the trees and a few were frost covered.  Even strolling here was easy on my eyes and gentle on my mind.  I could hear many birds and saw lots but they were flighty and I was not trigger happy enough.
I did spy many northern flickers.
northern flicker
 along the trail
I stopped back at the open water to watch the ducks.

The whole two hours here at Inglewood Bird Sanctuary were gentle on my mind!



3 comments:

  1. The colours are amazing!!!...Norma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was not expecting those colors so they were a wonderful surprise!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.