Sunday, January 10, 2021

Carburn to Beaverdam January 10, 2021

It takes playing a mental game these days to get off on the right foot with the direction that my thoughts take.  Admiring a beautiful sunrise brings a smile, it brings hope, it makes my heart happy and it makes my soul sing!  I know when I wake in the morning, I have to avoid the news, rather instead just do what it takes to get out the door.  This was the sight I saw while I strolled along the banks of the Bow River at Carburn Park.   

My plan was to walk from Carburn Park to Beaverdam Flats then back.  
Before aiming for Beaverdam Flats, I headed south to take in more sensational sunrise scenes.  
a new day has dawned
The ducks were unlimited along the Bow River while on my way to Beaverdam Flats.  There were hundreds of Canada Geese but not many of these, Hooded Mergansers.  They were a treat to see and I admired them for quite some time.
There were numerous of these, the Goldeneye.  
What is Beaverdam Flats without seeing a beaver!
So Canadiana!
What's more Canadiana than a game of pond hockey?
This would be! 

With my head and my heart in the right place now, 
I leave for home and happily go about my day!


5 comments:

  1. You picked the perfect day for this adventure....jealous I wasn’t with you...the sights were fantastic!!!! Norma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day let's go there and see what we can see!

      Delete
    2. Challenge accepted! 👍 Norma

      Delete
  2. Your happiness metre must have almost been breaking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure was! My expectations were exceeded!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.