Sunday, January 24, 2021

Bottomlands to St George's Island January 24, 2021

Mother Nature presented us with a new seasonal collection, it is called "brilliantly bright winter white"! She began the collection last night and put the finishing touches on it this morning.  Her design was created to give the feel that you were walking into a story book.  That's what it felt like this morning when I left Bottomlands Park and headed for St. George's Island.  

Once upon a time . . .


Right out of the starting block, I knew it was going to be one of those days!  With the amount of snow that came down at an angle paired with the cold and the windchill, any object of any kind was laden with a thick layer of hoar frost.  As in this case there was not a section of fence to be seen.
along the Bow River at St. St George's Island
As the morning went on the grey sky took on shades of blue which made for a higher degree of brilliantly bright.  There was lots of socializing in the storm pond.  If you click on the collage to make it larger you will see thirteen geese, two ducks and one muskrat.   
adding my own bit of color to the palette
every tree, every bush, every twig, every shrub, everything was crystally bright
I crossed over to the Fort Calgary side and still had that feeling like I was in the middle of a story book.  
The story line continues across the bridge!
How cold was it?  
It's time to check my temperature gauge!
It was THIS cold!
Part of the path follows along side the Calgary Zoo.  It's good there are many fences from here to there where the animals are.  I am not sure what they were, they were humungous with loads of long dark brown/black hair and curled horns.  Even as the hours went on, the hoar frost remained in place.
I completed the loop and arrived back along the Nose Creek Trail that would lead me back to where I began this urban walk.  I admired these trees earlier but now with the blue behind them I had to snap a shot.  I believe with a few light gusts of wind the trees will be green again. 

What a great story to take part in!  It was captivating from beginning to end.  It was intriguing and there were moment where I questioned how did the author come up with what she was presenting us with.  I give this story book a thumbs up! 
👍 
. . . The End


3 comments:

  1. Quite the adventure & you were certainly brave to venture out when it was that cold. I always love reading your stories as you are so creative with your writing. ❤️ Norma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you lots today wishing we could have shared a story together! Gentler days to come!

      Delete
  2. I think I may have said it before, but wow, wow, wow!
    A wondrous story.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.