Thursday, January 14, 2021

Seeking City Nature this Week

How fortunate are we to find nature escapes right out our front door and down the road.  On this day we ventured off for a Weaselhead walk-about.  While I had been before, my sister had not.  She was curious as to what there was to discover down that hill, across the bridge and along those trails.  She led the way while we wandered about listening to the birds songs and feeling the forest hugs.   All the while we worked at sorting out the worlds worries which never seem as huge while enjoying nature.   Feeling ready to get on with our day, we left those trails, we crossed the bridge, we headed back up that hill knowing another day we will be back to wander in the Weaselhead.  


As I stepped out of my car in the Bowness parking lot on this morning, the cold nipped me in the nose!  I was fine with the fresh, frigid, frostiness.  I moved along the icy, slippery path as quick as was safely possible to cover the few kilometres to Bowmont Park.  Once there I sauntered slowly to enjoy the scenery and snap shots.  The ducks and birds were performing their morning routines and were entertaining to watch.  I believe I received the ducks version of "flip the bird" as can be seen in the bottom right photo!  This location is such a sweet little escape and sometime soon I hope to escape here with my sister! 



1 comment:

  1. Love all the bird photos! And I am up for more Weaselhead & an adventure to Bowmont. 👍. Norma

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.