Friday, January 29, 2021

Skate Bowness January 29, 2021

When I arrived at the Bowness Lagoon at sunrise this morning to skate, I was disappointed and confused to see a sign stating the ice surface is open from 10:00 to 22:00!  I checked the website before I left home to confirm it was open for skating and in that notice it said from 05:00.  One person was skating so I joined her.  The ice had already been swept yet skating the Lagoon was like working my way over row upon row upon row of rumble strips. One loop of the Lagoon and I ditched it in favour of heading up the stairs which lead to the Ice Trail.   I found pure joy!  The Ice Trail was like skating on a gigantic pane of glass! 13.7 kms later I was chalk full of bliss!  Thank you to the groomers who work their wonders on this Ice Trail, each time I go the conditions are better!  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so I will let my photos tell you how pretty of a morning it was!








2 comments:

  1. A glorious, sensational way to spend the morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is! The Ice Trail is new this year, they are doing what they can to help us stay active while physical distancing.

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.