Thursday, January 28, 2021

Glenbow Ranch Provincial Park January 28, 2021

With rime ice and hoarfrost still hanging around, I headed back out with hopes of seeing more amazing sights.  This time I motored west to Glenbow Ranch knowing for sure I would have success there.  While it was a beautiful drive to there, the views down in the valley were grey.  I immediately felt disappointed but came to my senses and began to be present, living in the moment, being thankful that I could even be out here today!

I decided to head in a direction I had not ventured to before, down along The Narrows.  
On my way to The Narrows, I took the Yodel Trail to get an overall view for as far as the eye can usually see.  This was going to be a day where focusing up close would be where I might see something.  I did admire this tree and while focusing on a photo of it, something caught my eye. Do you see what I see?
At the middle left of the tree you will see a porcupine.  When I zoomed in on it, I saw that it's head is at the bottom peaking out from the quills. I should have taken this as a sign that the cold weather with high windchill is not user-friendly for man nor beast.  
Carrying on to keep warm, I looked for signs of life!  There were no other humans in sight, nor anything else except that porcupine and lots of deer.  No one home here!
No signs of life here either!
Yet, I continued on looking for all the pretty.  
I would say the pretty today was in the peacefulness. 
My plan was to cover approximately ten klicks so at five I did an about face.  When doing so, three bald eagles flew by.  I was not quick enough on the draw.  Two did return and settle on tree tops.  I admired them for quite some time hoping they would fly off as I was now ready to be quick on the draw.  They were going no where so then I went somewhere, I continued on hiking back.
It remained grey and did so the entire stretch back to where I started!  

The drive up out of the valley was good but once I reached the main road, the weather did a turn about, yet not for the good.  Now flurrying those icy specks with them building up on the road, it was a slow careful white-knuckled ride!  With rosy cheeks and a bright pink nose, I arrived home realizing I had that feeling of fulfillment, even on such a grey day!

 

1 comment:

  1. Even on a grey day you were able to grab some great shots! I am always amazed at home you can find the wildlife no matter where you go. Norma

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.