Friday, August 7, 2026

Prince Edward Island August 7, 2026

 
It’s been so very easy to quickly settle into being ‘on Island time”! This has been a breeze for me because being by water is in my blood to begin with. Last night’s sleep was nine hours, tonight I should be back on track with six or seven give or take some minutes here or there.  

My home away from home provides a hearty healthy full meal deal breakfast! Breakfast itself is an event.  
Before heading off for today’s main event, I needed to walk off the breakfast event. Seven kilometres did the trick. These are a few photos from that walk. 

Peak’s Quay


I found a red dirt trail to stroll along. 


I need to come back here later!

Or maybe this place could be tastier!

Now to the main event!  
Hoist the sails!

I am settle in for an afternoon of sailing!  There were six of us in total. Myself, a couple from Edmonton, the Captain and his two helpers.  It felt like a private tour.  It was the perfect activity for a scorching hot day.  They say with the heat and humidity, it felt like +39C.

a Harbour Seal

It was so relaxing going with the flow of the day and with the flow of the wind. This truly felt like what being “on Island time” is meant to feel like.  Then I got into this sailing a little deeper.

It was up to me to get us where we needed to go!

I asked the Captain if he would be OK being in a photo with me that would be in a blog post for the world to see.  He beamed brightly and said of course, so here we are! At this point he said “continue aiming in the direction of the lighthouse while I go adjust a rope.”  Off he went and I sailed the yacht for a few minutes on my own. I was a little all over the place but not enough to concern any of the others.

Eventually the Captain came back and took over the wheel.  It was a busy day on the water. There were a few other sail boats, some motor boats and jet skis.


heading back to the dock

My boat is the white one at bottom left.

While it was quite a laid back event, I worked up a thirst and an appetite. This was pretty much the best seat in the house.  A table on the upper deck with a front row view, under an umbrella, flower pots to myself, ahhhh!
cakes The Fish Cakes and refreshing salad were perfection!

Even more perfect than that meal was the Potato Fudge!  Yes, there is such a thing!  
So far I ate only one piece, the one at top left.  

Time to sign off!  That fudge is calling my name!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.