Saturday, August 8, 2026

Prince Edward Island August 8, 2026



Walking the boardwalk by Victoria Park was a popular activity this morning, more-so than the other times I walked here. I had to remind myself this is Saturday!  Being “on Island time” I know it is August of 2026 and it’s something o’clock in the morning. Saturday draws not only those that “come from away” but the locals too. 

The forecast called for rain today. I don’t remember what rain looks like.  It was overcast and the humidity level felt sky high.  A tiny breeze added no relief to my comfort level yet I embraced it because never do I get to experience a sea breeze when home in Calgary.




On the return portion of the walk, instead of heading back to my home away from home, I carried on down to the waterfront.  It was bustling too with walkers, people fishing, runners, a spin class, and people attending to their adopted corners. 

inside St. Dunstan’s Basilica

The highlight of today was going to see “Come From Away” at The Confederation Centre of the Arts.  I kept checking for a decent enough seat but nothing was available.  When I checked again on Thursday, a single seat was available so I grabbed it.  

From the website:  “Come From Away is based on the true story of a small town that welcomed the world. What started as an average day in Gander, Newfoundland turned into a historic moment when 38 planes carrying thousands of people were diverted there on September 11, 2001.Cultures clashed and nerves ran high, but the East Coast community welcomed these “come from aways” into their lives with open arms; uneasiness turned into trust, and gratitude grew into enduring friendships. Come From Away tells a heartwarming story of kindness in the face of unprecedented circumstances.”

After the performance, it was time to check off another item from my foody list. I savoured the view and the IPA while waiting for my…….

…. Lobster Roll!

I plan to complete this list tomorrow!

Fish & Chips✅
Fish Cakes✅
Potato Fudge✅
Local Beer✅
Lobster Roll✅
Cows Ice Cream
Fish Tacos


1 comment:

  1. I’ve heard how wonderful Come From Away is. It came to Jersey but sadly I missed it. Enjoy the rain :) B x

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.