Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Mountain Magic January 25, 2023

Day 3


Today I didn’t feel like doing anything but savouring everything that comes with a cabin being a home away from home!  After lots of self talk, I went out for a few hours to get my fill of that magic that is in the mountains.  As I hit the Boom Lake trail, the frosty fog began lifting and the sky started to light up.  

I was happy to see some snow still on the trees.  What I noticed on this get-away is that in all the years I have come to the mountains in January, this year has the least amount snow.  I truly love a full on winter-wonderland and we may be granted that with many weeks of winter still left.
This is a short video along a narrow section of the trail.
The sky was just how I like it, a blue and white mix.
my Boom Lake destination shot
view to hikers right
view to hikers left 
I had the place to myself so of course I took some time to play.  
One of the items on my vision board for this year is to “paint from my photos”.  Painting this, sipping wine, by the fire, was how I passed a few hours of cabin time later in the day.  I had hoped to arrive back with a photo that I could paint.  This one was perfect yet I almost feel like it was a cheat. I cannot draw faces freehand so this photo took away the need to do that.

There was not even a slight breeze.  
As the minutes passed, the sky grew prettier.
About five minutes after leaving Boom Lake, I began to meet others on their way to the Lake.  We exchanged pleasantries then we were on our way. The return hike was just as nice, if not nicer than on the way in.  
a Boreal Chickadee
arriving at the bridge leading to the parking lot
I still had some snacks and tea left but I think I will save that for when I get back to my cabin.  That beaten path may lead to a cleared off picnic table but I was OK with not knowing where it lead to.

What a day! Good thing I listened and took the advice from that self talk first thing this morning.  Now came the time to settle in and be comfy & cozy.
 


2 comments:

  1. Soooo envious especially as we have sweltering temperatures and even diving in the pool, brings no relief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather was perfect and I made it back home just in time. We are now in the midst of a polar vortex! Such extremes for you and me!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.