Friday, January 20, 2023

skating the hours away


 ⛸  skating

If I am going to be physically active getting distance in at a speedy pace within the city, it may as well be an enjoyable experience skating on ice rather than stepping slowly and gingerly on icy urban pathways and trails.  These days have been gorgeous with lots of sunshine which makes The Ice Trail a pretty sight to see with its shadows and shininess.  On this day I savoured fifteen kilometres of that!   


today's greeting




⛸❄⛸❄ ⛸ ❄⛸



On this day after skating eighteen and a half kilometres, I declared this my longest skating session ever!  I considered pushing it to twenty but that will have to wait for another day.  I arrived early enough that the lights on the trees were still lit and late enough that the fire had been started.  The surface had just been cleared of the ice snow that had been created from the previous days skaters and not long after that, the flooding began.  You can see in the photo, the tank is being filled with water.  

showing the areas off The Lagoon

This is what 18.5 kms looks like on The Lagoon and The Canal! 






4 comments:

  1. Oh i really wish we had one of these!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am surprised at how many times I hear that! I would think this could be a common thing in winter in cold climates.

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.