Monday, February 13, 2023

"breathe mountain style" February 13, 2023



Since moving west decades ago, I have only been to the Hoodoo Viewpoint once and that was many years ago when we stopped by on a summer day to have a look after Sunday brunch in Banff.  Today this was an ideal trail to enjoy vast vistas for a couple of hours then it was just a short drive to my home away from home afterwards.

There had been a very light dusting of white gold before I arrived so everything was fresh and bright when the sky cleared.  Not far from the very small parking lot, the views already were pretty. 
following the trail 
You can see the HooDoos in the centre at the bottom.  I was thinking I could get closer but that is off limits down there.  All along here, off trail is off limits due to a bear denning in the area.  I had my bear spray with me just in case as the day was turning into spring-like and you know what that means in the life of a bear.
view along the trail
After all the viewpoints, the trail leads into the woods, so into the woods I go!  After a few minutes, I came upon fresh tracks in the snow that were not human. No other person had been along here yet.  I carried on until these types of prints multiplied. They may be coyote but I was not sure so turned back. 
view of the Bow River winding through the forest far below 
I see a heart!  ❤️ 
The sun was so warm and with such gorgeous views,
 a little time in the “red chairs” was warranted.
The HooDoo Trail leads down into Banff.  This section is all forest and it was filled with birds and bird songs.  This sweet little Mountain Chickadee was all fluffed up from the wind.  I saw a Townsend’s Solitaire, numerous Clark’s Nutcrackers and Whiskey Jacks.  There were others but I was not able to get close enough to make an ID.
looking back up while on the trail heading down towards Banff  
just enough new snow to give a fresh look
The sound of the crackling fire set the mood for a cozy evening!






 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. There is always magic in the mountains as you have discovered too!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.